Fibery End Game (product company example)

I’m sure it is. However I think the harder problem is not building it or making it “good”, it’s:

So the question is: why? Is it simple inertia/habit? Do you yet have any ideas how Fibery chat can possibly win against Slack, etc?

I agree, 100%! But… doesn’t it also seem like a fairly easy problem to solve? Or at least improve on…

OK, yes, with that long of a time estimate I have to agree with you :sweat_smile:. Still it also seems very important. :thinking: I am curious to see how and when this ends up happening…

You are probably right, though I pity whoever is trying to do real work on mobile apps (even chatting). :grimacing: So… is this some kind of acknowledgement that Fibery will have to have a mobile app one day? Maybe just for chat?

:open_mouth: Huh. What an interesting idea. It seems quite honestly silly at first, but… maybe it’s brilliant. As long as the team has agreement on what each emoji means (e.g. if you start to use ones beyond the obvious :-1::+1:), it could certainly have some notable value.

However… it is a clunky solution for the need for richer relationship data like what Chris was suggesting in his Relationship properties topic, specifically the ability to specify a quantity for a relationship. I was working on a project to create Recipe and bakery production management in Fibery :pie: for a little while, but the existing solutions were quite unsatisfying for anyone but a data nerd, in my view. :smile: This was to be for a baker, hardly a techie person. If they could simply choose a quantity for a relationship of ingredient to recipe, that would solve a lot of problems and avoid a ton of otherwise duplicate data and workarounds.

Now… there are possible workarounds with an emoji-based system. If you can encode multiple emoji in a Relationship, for example, and you can run formulae on them and derive the identity of the emoji (and not just a simple count), then you could do e.g. :one::nine: to encode “19” as a quantity on a relationship. It is workable but a bit clunky perhaps. :thinking: I’m curious if this is one way you envision your relationship-emoji-properties being used.

2 Likes