Feedback on removing border for Rich Text in Entity View

Some good points here:

• I was surprised to see this too. Don’t recall any votes for it, and I feel like there is a myriad of more practical needs that would be relatively easy fixes that are not getting done.

• I tend to lean towards liking the previous way with the box, but it’s not a big deal. So I mostly agree with you.

• I’m probably getting off topic, but re: formatting in Rich Text fields, there is a lot to improve, mainly the “odd behaviors” that come up a lot here.

One thing that my team is forced to do all the time due to the lack of this feature:

…is make a screenshot of a comment in another entity, paste it, and then continue the comment. We also write with “soft returns,” meaning hit “shift” + “Return” when making a new paragraph, so we keep references from getting lost by doing a hard return. But when you insert the image I’m speaking of above, there is no way to keep the “soft return” aspect of it, even if you don’t hit “return” straight up without shift. This doesn’t really look better or worse without the box around Rich Text, but again I just think it would be good to solve this issue before undertaking a cosmetic fix like the box in rich text.

You guys at the Fibery team always ask for unfiltered commentary, so I hope you don’t come down on me for this!

1 Like