[DONE] Publish Fibery Space to the Web

It would awesome to see more of this implemented, especially the external users feature!

I’ve been using Fibery as a project management solution for an electrical :zap: service company. Currently I use it for:

• Information organization (client and job info)
  • Material ordering/management
  • Task Mangement

While it works very well for those tasks, I’ve always wanted to add some sort of client dashboard and scheduling feature. I’ve tried Calendly and even gone so far as to try and integrate it with Fibery with Integromat, but it never really worked as intended. My dream would be able to make something on Fibery to do the same job. The format would be as follows:

1. New client signs up/existing client logs in.

2. The landing page shows all of the projects for a given client (entities) and gives them an option to request a new project (add new entity).

3. The projects (entities) could show waitlist order and/or scheduled date, duration, project status, and could be a place for documents/photos or cloud storage links.

4. Ideally they would also be able to add comments to the projects (entities) and see and potentially edit linked information (contact info).

I actually think I could build something pretty close to this with the current features in Fibery, but I need a way for clients to see only the projects (entities) assigned to them so that the rest of the projects in the database are hidden.

My hope is that between the features in this thread and [PLANNED] Entity-level permissions it might be possible to build this. I don’t know exactly how the add entity/form submission feature would be implemented but I figure it would probably be easiest to make permission control part of the automations. That way you could have blind or read only form submission for feedback uses and editable form submission for collaborative uses. Basically (when user adds entity → add user as read-only/editable). I’m still a little confused about how the linking permissions (for contact info, etc.) might work but it seems like their are some good ideas out there already in other threads.

I’d love :two_hearts: to hear feedback on the idea if there is another product/solution that I’m missing that might be really obvious. Thanks!

1 Like