[DONE] Multi-panel context-preserving navigation

I had to disable this feature today after using it for like a month?

Opening the panels with rest of the fields hidden doesn’t work for us. Over time it gets tiresome to click every time that icon to show the other fields. If you have spaces that use mostly rich text fields and relations i guess it’s ok, but unless there’s a way to see the fields on the main view, I’m afraid we can’t use this anymore.

This not applies just to me, our entire team had the same experience.

1 Like

I feel your pain :slight_smile: We’ve started Pinned Fields implementation today, so you will be able to select all important fields to be visible in central column and quickly editable

1 Like

Here is how it will work

2022-04-05 22.00.10

Pinned fields prototype. What do you think?

1 Like

This is a great one!! and the ability to hide fields is wonderful
Few concerns viewing the demo

1. the pinned fields look like tags and I’m not sure all users will understand they can click on them to change the value
  2. The ability to hide fields looks like it opens from the “add field or relation” button which can be a bit confusing

With that said it will still be great if I will see it in our workspace tomorrow :slight_smile:

Noted! As for hide fields, we will add similar thing for right panel, so you will be able to show/hide fields on the right as well.

It means there will be two places where it is possible to show/hide fields:

1. Pinned fields area
  2. Right panel area

Has there been any consideration around date fields?

As an example, we have a very basic entity called milestone.

The only field the user needs to set is the date, but currently requires 3 clicks to do that, and one is hidden behind a fairly cryptic icon.

If the database does not have any fields in the main area, perhaps the right hand items should expand to be full width by default?

(this has since been addressed, see the thread below)

Yes, you can date fields in pinned area. Regarding the missing part in the main area we will fix this behaviour. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

tag style works, i like the implementation.
people when they want to change something they first click on it, especially if they are tags so i don’t think there’s an UX issue with that

Yea, we had the same issues

Any ETA when we’ll have this at least as experimental feature?

My hopes are 2-3 weeks.

Hi. We made improvements. If main area doesn’t have any field, fields from sidebar panel will be shown in main area. I hope it will be useful for our case.

For reference, this is how it now looks, with those items moving across to the left hand side.

3 Likes