[DONE] Feed View

Hi guys, I was excited to see this feature as any sort of way to view global info on an App is needed. Very glad to see you can select which Rich Text fields are available. The ability to customize Rich Text fields in Fibery is a huge differentiator, most apps just have one generic “description” field.

However, my team makes use extensively of comments, not Rich Text fields, to update our work, ask questions, etc. We DO use Rich Text for all sorts of other needs, but it’s more to build out work, track feedback (which is a big benefit of Fibery obviously), etc.

So when it comes to this:

We use almost exclusively comments. We do a lot of software development and project management in Fibery, and all the other tools for those functions I’ve dealt with (Jira, Wrike, Asana, ClickUp, etc.) leverage comments the same way, and they offer various feeds of comments that provide a great way to keep updated on all the goings-on in a given area.

In Fibery this could be very useful in these cases:

Software development app: You have a hierarchy like Epic → Story → Task. If you could read all the comments in the tasks, you’d see all the activity in development at a glance

Project Management: Initiative → Project → Task. Similarly, as you work through your tasks and update them, in the Feed you could see ALL activity in ALL projects at a glance.

I think the big benefit of comments vs. doing these updates in Rich Text fields is you have 1) info on WHEN the comment was made, and 2) info on WHO made the comment.

Likewise, References are a huge piece we use a lot, and also constitute updating Entities. References are a real game changer in Fibery, and one use of them is to very quickly add a mention of another entity with a simple click of “#” and then typing the name of the reference. My team has a routine where we scan both comments and references to look for updates. This is because sometimes you can update an entity when commenting in another entity by just tagging the referenced entity. This is a huge time saver - without this capability, you’d need to go copy and paste the relevant update in both entities.

I’ve created a separate request for this here:

Thanks guys and I hope you can add these key update pieces into Feed soon!