[CLOSED] How to close out of "open as view"?

Hey, appreciate all that, nothing taken the wrong way you have a lot of strong arguments! Been meaning to respond to this one as it’s something that I have been thinking a lot about…

Just had an instance of this today when I was working in an Entity, and had to pause and do something else on my computer. When I came back to Fibery and that Entity was no longer on the screen. Used “cmd” + “K” to find it in search, and it opened up in the “open as view” wide view. So in the scenario, in order for me to get it back to the “view as pop-up,” no backspace or “alt” arrow will work, as I wasn’t previously in any other view.

I think my issue is about a disappointing trend - and sorry if this is going to rustle some feathers as much as I’m a fan of Fibery, but it’s true, of next to zero response to posts I have in this community, starting some months ago and lasting for a long time now. I am literally talking about getting a regular response, which I used to see, which takes at max 10 min to formulate, but which his not happening at all lately. I am fully aware of the points you raise, as I develop software as well. And I fully subscribe to most Agile and Lean philosophies, too. Which expressly say - to paraphrase - “do not go dark on valuable feedback from customers,” in particular those that take time to provide it in detail you can act on.

These are just the first two pages of this forum, in the Feature Request Category:

You have to go to the 2nd page just to start to see posts with one response, and that’s not necessarily from Team Fibery!

Fibery asks you when you subscribe, in their Intercom Window, to join this community. It is worrisome to me that they are not prioritizing responding to people, like myself, taking the time to do so. I have used many apps that take such a careless approach, and I generally abandon them.

Also I was intrigued by what you @Chr1sG wrote here:

It’s funny at times I wonder if the Fibery’s team recent ignoring of just about everything I post is because that is what they think, too. But I don’t think I’m asking “please develop my requests first,” and this is a big reason for my frustration. If you read my posts in the community, I am generally flagging up needed features that Fibery, when they do respond, tend to agree with, and for sure are must-haves if Fibery expects to become a prime-time player. Such as Native Mobile Apps, proper commenting & Notifications, larger things like automations and integrations. In the case of this particular post, we are dealing with a simple item that is potentially a bug as pointed out by @helloitse. I would not say this has anything to do with Fibery’s “development” as you put it. I’d just like some explanation of what is going on in this relevant aspect of how Fibery works, and if they will acknowledge that. How long could that take them?

Here is a summary of what we’re talking about, and what the Fibery team has decided they will not respond to, when at least 4 people in the community have weighed in here asking for some kind of commentary:

• The handling of this window is not inline with the other two views - sidebar and pop up.

• It shows up in a few different instances, and takes away substantially from your flow around the Fibery app when it shows up, as you can’t easily get out of it.

• There is ZERO mention of this view in any documentation or Knowledge base.

With all that in mind, I believe I’m doing the team a favor by flagging it up and documenting thoroughly the whole situation. This is not the only such post like this out there that is being ignored. I’d expect that with that in mind, there would be some prioritization to respond, when somebody like me asks a 2nd or 3rd time for it. I have quite a few posts where I’ve posted 2 - 3x to myself essentially begging for some guidance, with zero response. Just guidance, not actual development of the feature in question. Like a response of the nature I used to get - “yes for sure that is needed and we plan to develop it.” Without even that, I am now wondering if, and not when, I might expect things like the Activity Stream

Also allow me to respond to this point:

I don’t exactly agree with that. Customer Feedback is so valuable if you want to succeed, you have to find time to respond to it. Fibery has Notion squarely in its crosshairs, and I am no doubt confident that Notion has much less manpower-to-user ratio. But Notion responds to EVERYTHING, if you are a paying customer, or not. Have you seen their official channels? There are two - Twitter, and internally via Intercom. They respond to virtually everything they are sent in Twitter, and I have never sent them a support message I did not hear back from them on. This is the philosophy of many a successful app in the world. The idea is: If somebody takes time to address you as a user, YOU MUST RESPOND. There are many experts, and I agree with them, that believe you may go out of business if you actually don’t respond to people “like you,” as you put it.

I do not consider myself entitled or demanding. If Fibery chooses to handle this situation the way they are doing it, in the context of many, many other similarly ignored requests, I will simply move on to another solution as a user who does not feel they are getting good support. Nothing odd about that.

There are 274 users on this community. That’s barely a fraction of most other apps in this space. Yet Notion responds to everything. I don’t buy that the team can’t find time to respond. I almost feel like I’ve become a nuisance or somehow they’ve decided that I don’t need a response. Whatever the reason, I have gotten jaded and lost steam for my enthusiasm for Fibery. That goes for my eagerness to talk it up, for example in public forums. Do they really want previously evangelical users to go down that road, while they are seemingly fighting for every paid account right now?

I mean no disrespect and I get your points. But this is not a case of “not having time” or “we can’t tailor our roadmap to meet everybody’s desire.” If you look at my posts in this forum, in no way can you interpret them as demands for my agenda. I generally talk about things that Fibery will need to have if it is to become a prime-time player in the space. I put a lot of time into it, and that feedback serves them more than me in the end. Anybody who develops with a modern Agile and Lean approach will agree with that. And at this point I feel ignored. That’s on Fibery, not on me.

Appreciate the chime in from @Oshyan and @Haslien as well, and I wish you all the best. I am still on the fence Fibery moving forward, and it would sure help convince me if they responded in a timely way!

1 Like