Bi-directional integrations/sync

I’ve requested something similar with Postgres years ago: 🧮 Feature Suggestion: Query from external database and create types and entities

I think Fibery is missing out on a huge opportunity here.

We’ve used all of these and many more (basedash, illa, budibase, jetadmin, tooljet, airplane, flowdash, dronahq, superblocks, internal, appsmith, forest admin to name a few) but have always wanted this in Fibery. Couple of big reasons:

• Relations. Fibery has the ability to create new relations around existing external syncs. Something that none of these tools can easily accomplish.
  • Documentation. None of these tools have documentation which are useful for creating docs based on data review.
  • Collaboration, commenting and now permissions. None of these have the ability to easily communicate with teams around synced data. In retool, you can create a comment box but it is severely lacking. Additionally, you can hide specific synced databases.
  • UI building and management. All these tools require you to build out the UI, in addition to pull in the data. Fibery is easier since the UI is already there.
  • Views and Filters. Data can be viewed in so many ways with Fibery. Other tools are limited to the layout you manually create.
  • Actions and automations. Creating unique automations based on data is much easier in Fibery over these tools.
  • Reporting. The reporting is still a bit cumbersome to create, it has much more potential than all of these tools.

The ability to sync external data and bi-directional updates would be amazing. Right now, we have a custom Fibery app pulling in data from Supabase and it is amazing. Any updates we want to make on records though, need to have a custom action button that updates said data via endpoint. Having direct editing of a database (e.g Postgres) in Fibery would be incredible.

I think one of the keys for Fibery adoption and retention is making easier for companies to pour data into Fibery. After that is ability to edit, navigate and communicate around said data. More integrations. Native syncing with other tools and continuing to improve communication and navigation features.

1 Like