"Archive" items before Deleting permanently and later allow "Restore" of archived items

Thanks Oshyan, @mdubakov and @Chr1sG for your help on this one.

Oshyan, that makes a lot of sense:

If we got a little more capabilities with Filters, such as some kind of formula so you could say “if Done, then show only those that have been modified within the last two weeks or sooner” then you would have what I’m looking for. From my point of view, that would fully handle the archiving need I have. Also, I would imagine more powerful filters have all kinds of other benefit, I’d be surprised if the team isn’t already planning some improvements at some point soon here.

I have thought that a workaround would be to add a Formula Field into each Entity in question, then filter on that. So like “if the state is ‘done’ and ‘modification date is over 2 weeks old’ then mark this field.” (sorry I don’t do formulas I hope that makes sense!). But again, this is an additional Field that I’d like to avoid if I can! I know that in Notion there are all kinds of things users try to do with Formulas like this, and wind up with tens of fields in their Pages which makes for a terrible UI experience, I think. Fibery has really handled this well so far with the Splitting of the view and other goodies. But like Coda, Airtable, Notion, we still suffer here from “Field Proliferation”. Dare I mention Polymorphic again!