I really like the search functionality: I could search for a keyword and it would instantly pull up a long list of results: all the places where the keyword was found, with surrounding context: very useful. I’ve just spent a fair amount of time converting a lot of the important keywords in my Rich Text fields into References (to entities in other Databases), because I really the back-reference feature (being able to pull up all the entities in which a given entity is referenced). However, to my surprise when I now try to search for a keyword that I’ve replaced with an entity reference I only get a single result: the name of the referenced entity: all the per-entity results (with their useful context snippets) have gone: if I want to see all the per-entity results I now can apparently ONLY see them if I click on the Referenced entity and check the back-references: this is less satisfying in 2 ways:
- it takes an extra click;
- the back-references show ALL the text of the given Rich Text field: no more contextual snippets.
Is there any way to get the best of both worlds? I’d like to be able to search for keyword “foo” and see in the result list all the instances of both “foo” and #foo (the References), with their included contextual snippets. (But of course retaining the back-reference functionality for its own purposes.)
Example: searching for “kibana”. Before converting to References (“kibana” instances are still plain text) the result list looks like:
[T] foo bar baz **kibana** blah blah [T] bar baz bong **kibana** bing bang [T] boo boz **kibana** bunga bing
After converting to References (“kibana” instances converted to References to a Kibana entity) the result list contains just a single line:
and to see the actual 3 results I have to click on that “Kibana” result and then I see the list of 3 entities, but now with ALL their text and no bolding of the word “kibana”.