Template for date grouping

That link doesn’t seem to be working for me. I’ll have to take a look again in a bit. It just asks me to sign in each time and the dates template doesn’t seem to be showing up in the templates area.

Fwiw, I started building something like this to help with our high-level roadmapping, but I haven’t gone back and updated it to leverage automation, which I think is a really key part of making this work. Without automation, I was using auto-relations to associate the month, quarter, etc to any particular entity from my dates app. This worked great, except it required a complicated setup of a number of fields and didn’t fully mimic the functionality I was trying to re-implement from Roadmunk described More Flexible Board Columns/Rows.

With automation, then it should be possible to support applying the relationships automatically, but then still allow manual editing of that relationship, which is crucial to allow moving an entity between columns, then updating the specific date field. However, there are some preferences that would need to exist to adjust how the date is updated.

Another thing I found was that it seemed easier to leverage the built-in date picker for specific date selection, rather than using the relation to a specific day. You could always associate the day from the app to an entity to have the common relationship across entities, but still leverage the built-in picker.

1 Like