"Show in sidebar" button

If we receive a link to a document it would be great to automatically show it in the sidebar OR have a button to show it in the sidebar. The problem we are facing is we have many apps and inside folders. It takes us some time to find the right space.

Any feedback guys?

Hey @Eugene_Vabishchevich – you are not alone :smile: !

I have the exact same request.

1 Like

Do you mean that it should show in the sidebar when you open a Fibery link?

I do find it problematic that the currently “highlighted”/selected item in the sidebar does not always match with what we’re actually viewing.

Sometimes you can be on the view and scroll the sidebar to check other spaces, folders, etc. I would be great to just click a button and come back to the selected item in the sidebar hierarchy.

See an example from IDE below. It has a sidebar with many files/folders similar to Fibery has spaces, folders and view. I can click a button and select a file.

screencast 2022-10-22 11-28-34

1 Like

Actually, watching your example I realize that the step when you select a file in the hierarchy, and “nothing” happens – e.g., no editor is opened on the right – won’t be possible in Fibery.
Unless I’m overlooking a use case, I think that as soon as you click/select an element in the sidebar, a pane is opened on the right.

I realize that I’d like to have the sidebar as much as possible always in sync with the current pane like in VSCode ↓
fibery-sidebar-in-sync

I said “as much as possible” because I’m conscious that it will only work for Documents, Pages, and Views. When clicking on an Entity link, there won’t be anything to reveal/select in the sidebar the Entity has no visual representation in it, just many views possibly listing it.

I’ll probably open another topic for the “Keep sidebar in sync with current pane” :sweat_smile: → Keep sidebar in sync with current pane - Ideas & Features - Fibery Community

1 Like

I agree about the pane view as well. My proposal should cover both cases.

1 Like