Remembering page width

I need wide view to be automatic when I open the page.
This page feature should be a fixed page option.
Thanks.

Do you mean that you want Documents to always open in wide view?

1 Like

Yes I do. I would like to choose the wide view for a document. And every time I open the document, it automatically has to take the wide view.

Thanks.

1 Like

Do you ever use narrow view?
It sounds like you want it to remember your choice

2 Likes

I have wanted this too, but never got around to asking. But yeah, I use wide-view 99.9% of the time and am moderately annoyed at having to click that button each time I open a document. I’d LOVE a global default setting, but short of that I’d also be quite happy if the only change was the particular document remembers my page width selection when I close out and come back next.

1 Like

Or a global option (wide Y/N, at level workspace) for all document, or Fibery remember my choice for each document.
I use always wide view.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Here’s what I’d ideally want:

• Global workspace default (i.e. for all newly created docs, they are wide or narrow at the start)
  • Admin per-document “switch” (i.e. Admin can set each doc to a particular state that every user will see upon first opening that doc)
  • User can maybe optionally switch to their preference per-document, for only them, and it persists for only them
3 Likes

@Oshyan I agree that an approach like this should be favored (maximize utility and adjustability of Fibery).

I feel as if there is too much focus on “use cases”, giving the impression that if you cannot justify a use case, the implementation will never happen. In my opinion everything that empowers Fibery and is low-cost to implement should be implemented.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there is a large backlog of features to work on, so there is no such thing as ‘low-cost to implement’ - or rather, any feature has to be considered in the context of all the other features that will not be worked on as a result.

The focus on use case is not mutually exclusive with utility and adjustability - in fact, quite the reverse.

Fibery’s focus is on adding features with an eye on the ‘bigger picture’. If you haven’t already, i would suggest reading this article by Aton:

It kinda explains how a feature that appears to be low-effort/high-impact may not necessarily be the best thing to work on when taking into account network effects.

Having said all that, I personally do think that a user’s page width choice should be remembered! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is exactly what I expected the reality of the things look like.

I will check the article out, thanks!

1 Like