New template - Asset management

Here’s a new template to help you if you need to keep track of equipment, software licences or other assets you might have:
https://fibery.io/templates/asset-management

As always, let us know what you think, tell us your ideas for adapting it, and give us suggestions for templates that you think we might be missing.

UPDATE: there was a bug in the Due date calculation that existed in the template up until 07/12/2022. If you installed it prior to this date, please see the following:

3 Likes

I’m giving this template a shot, but I want to create a new Interval for Bi-Annual. Where is the Interval.Period being obtained from in the formula for Due date in the Maintenance requirement Database? It appears that the Single Select items have an extra hidden property called Period, but I see no way to add a new one.

Thanks!

If you hover over a select option and alt-click it, you can see all its properties.
firefox_IlMXgRrb6q

If you add an extra option, you can set the value for its period (to 6 in your case).

I didn’t even know that existed! Learn something new every day. Thanks!

Will this work for Biennial, every 24 months?

Any new interval you create can have an integer period of your choice, so yes, biennial would work if you set Period to 24.

The Due date doesn’t update if I set it to anything longer than 14 months, it just keeps its last value.

Oh dear. Yes, there’s an issue with calculating the Due date for multi-year periods. Let me look into this and figure something out to fix it.

I’ve discovered a bug in the Due date calculation (in the Maintenance Requirement database) :open_mouth:
Not only might it not work if the interval period was greater than 12, it would also not work if the interval was 12 months and the date of the last successful event fell in a December(!)
Sorry!

Please replace the Due date formula with the following:

Date(Year([Date of last (successful) event]) + RoundDown(((Month([Date of last (successful) event]) + Interval.Period) - 1) / 12,0),(Month([Date of last (successful) event]) + Interval.Period) - (12 * RoundDown(((Month([Date of last (successful) event]) + Interval.Period) - 1) / 12,0)),Least(Day(Date(Year([Date of last (successful) event]) + RoundDown(((Month([Date of last (successful) event]) + Interval.Period) - 1) / 12,0),((Month([Date of last (successful) event]) + Interval.Period) + 1) - (12 * RoundDown((Month([Date of last (successful) event]) + Interval.Period) / 12,0)),1) - Days(1)),Day([Date of last (successful) event])))

This applies to anyone who has already installed it.
Sorry for the mistake.

Let me know if you encounter any more odd behaviours(!)

1 Like

Worked great! Oh, don’t worry, if it’s a date formula I’d like to leave that to you. :sweat_smile: