More Capability to edit/view related entities in Collections - aka Subtables

Digging up an old post, but as I am preparing to write a new feature request, I wanted to make sure nothing exactly like it had been suggested before.

I’m interested in your specific meeting example here and I’m wondering if your proposed solution makes the most sense, or if the feature I have in mind (embeddable Views) would solve it as well or better (i.e. more flexibly, with many other users).

Specifically, when you talk about the meeting notes example, are you wanting each agenda item to be its own entity? Or are you wanting the ability to have a spreadsheet/table view within a document, with agenda items written, but not yet linked to an Entity, and then selectively turn some of them into entities? You see the difference there?

If you want every agenda item to be an entity, then you could of course just have an “agenda item” Type and then link the relevant agenda items to each Meeting entity with a relation. Obviously this doesn’t give you all the capabilities you’re looking for, but if doing this would get you some of what you want, then I think it tells us useful things about the original request.

Check out my new feature request and see if it would address yours:

1 Like