Internationalization on the roadmap?

Hi Fibery,

Just started playing a little with Fibery coming over from Coda.
Fibery certainly looks very promising!
But is also has a very big USA only flavor over it?
I was wondering if amounts can be entered and shown in Euro’s with the the correct punctuation (thousands-dot, decimals-comma)?
Will dates&times follow the timezone of the user/member/guest?
Will dates be enterable as dd/mm/yyyy?
Will imported CSV amounts and dates (in European format) be recognized and transformed as correct amounts or dates?
Example: lost of time a CSV import “1.000,00” (implicetly in euros) is transformed as an amount of 1.0 or 1,0.

If this internationalization is implemented correctly (by using the Mac or Windows system settings?) I will certainly spend money and (Coda conversion) time to build my business in Fibery apps.

Regards
Folkert

To be honest, we did not pay enough attention to internationalization yet. We have to prove the main idea first. In future we will definitely make it better.

Yes

Yes, it should work.

1 Like

I don’t want to hijack the thread on internationalization, but I was wondering if adding thousand separators (comma or dot) is on the near-term plan? It is really hard to enter financial information when you have to count your zeros :wink:

I also fully support having the currency supported. I am currently just using unit field for currency symbol.

3 Likes

I vote for this feature as well. All very important. For North America (parts of Canada & US), it would look like $1,283,182.09. Access to full load of international financial symbols including;

• currency symbol
  • placement of the symbol
  • cent separator
  • thousands separator

In a perfect world, it would be nice to be able to;

• turn each feature on or off (***)
  • be able to change local
  • nice to have multi currency capabilities

***being able to turn each feature on and off would allow for finite detailing on very remote locations. For example, here in Canada, there is a province that has their currency completely different to the rest of the country. Quebec writes their currency like this; 1 283 182,09 $.

Here’s a good link that explains the difference between the majority of Canada (English speaking) versus the province of Quebec (French speaking).

7 Likes

Why do you have to prove anything?
To whom?
What idea?

This is a good point @Nathalie_Collins and @cannibalflea! I have chatted with support about the limitations of the current Number Field, so I posted a request for improvements there just now:

since there was none yet here in the community expressly for that. Please come over and add a “heart” of support! I could really use this as my team struggles with the current limitations in that Field.

by the way @Nathalie_Collins I have enjoyed your periodic posts, would you be willing to share what you are using Fibery for, even just generally? Are you a Product/Software team?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi All!
Glad to say, that finally, we’ve done the first small step to the internationalization - Money (Currency) format :sparkling_heart:

Here you can check more details :slight_smile:

Hi, any news on this topic related to date format or numeric format?

I can not find any other thread on the topic and nothing in the public roadmap related to internationalization or format settings.

For a European company, I think it is a shame that I can not utilize your great product due to this kind of detail. We do not need full localization but date and time formats and numeric formats (decimal point and thousand separator) is hard to overlook when comparing workflow management tools.

Please advise on IF and WHEN you can look into this,

Leif

Just adding a vote and a comment in support of this wishlist feature :slightly_smiling_face: Would really like for some localisation options when it comes to the date view specifically.

2 Likes