Copying fields between databases

Thanks, Oshyan. I didn’t know I could save a custom template. Is this the thread you’re referring to, with a kind of workaround to accomplish that?

It occurs to me that the “heavy” solution to keep certain fields in sync across different spaces and databases by making them into their own databases might be accomplished if Fibery implemented categorized “tags” that we could set globally?

One major concern of mine is that the more I rely on relations between different databases (really a powerful concept! The “glue” of Fibery! The reason I’m using it!) the more I am concerned that when I Export Workspace (this is the appropriate way to backup my data?) the csv files that are created exclude all of the relations. I am struggling to understand that policy. When I construct a table using relations, the relations are not merely extra; they are an important part of the information. If they are lost when I export, then it’s a very incomplete export. Are folks ok with that? I can’t imagine I’ll become comfortable entrusting my super important-to-me data to a third party (Fibery, Notion, whoever) if I can’t back it up regularly in a way that I could rebuild it if needed. Thoughts?

1 Like