Conditional Formatting

It would be great if at some point there was a common conditional formatting feature that could be applied throughout the platform on different UI elements including fields, tables, cards, boards, etc. I am not sure if having a uniform formatting feature for the UI components is feasible but I think that would be quite interesting.

2 Likes

@cannibalflea Can you give some examples?

Hey @mdubakov, would love to see this too. Sorry to invoke Coda, but they give you the option whether a certain status of an entity will give it a strikethrough or not - I really would like to be able to choose this myself. Jira forces the strikethrough once an item resolves, and other apps don’t have any strikethrough where I’d thought it would be useful.

Hope that helps, and I vote for this feature!

I think some option like this would be great for visual clearance. if for example a task is linked somewhere but is marked as done it would be nice to have it striked through or some other visual representation that it is done. (faded grey or other options) also for subtasks linked to other tasks.

or maybe i am missing that this is already possible?

When you mention an entity, you can choose which fields should be displayed for entities of this type, so you could choose to always show the status field for tasks.
Hover over the database icon, click the three dots and choose which fields to show.
Screenshot_20230705-200214~2

thanks @Chr1sG i do this - but its not “obvious” on first sight BUT , in one of your videos (Meeting Notes - YouTube @ 0:18) there is a task that is done and marked with a strike through … how would i do this?? is this some kind of automation or something? i simply cant find it

thanks, cheers, arne

This was functionality that was removed last year, sorry!

why? this is standard in so many (todo) apps and would make it visually extremely easy to grasp what needs to be done in documents (without the need to put progress and other details in the file as well - and without clicking on it… (in a big document with lots of tasks spread out across the document for example)

or give the ability to make conditional formatting available in documents too. or best even throughout as a general setting that can be overwritten in separate lists if needed

Bring it back! I love strikethroughs! :slight_smile: