Can't fully customize displayed order of fields in many views

Bug or feature? It seems that the Name and DB Icon fields must always always be first, and there are other situations where re-ordering of fields is limited or impossible (see below):

Card View:

In Entity View (showing a collection via a Lookup field):

In Entity View (showing a List view of a M2M relation):

1 Like

I won’t comment on whether it is desirable behaviour or not, but it is the designed behaviour that certain fields are not relocatable (name, db icon/badge, avatars etc.)

And yes, there are some representations of collection fields (e.g. lookups) where the field order is not adjustable at all. This is suboptimal, but has yet to receive the developer attention needed.

2 Likes

I have at least one case where the Names of my entities (via formula) are actually the names of their Workflow state (e.g. “Progress”, “Done”, etc). Which is what I want… but, in certain views I would rather have these entities displayed with a different field first, such as the Name of a related entity.

1 Like

In that case, you could just hide the Name field and show the related entity field and the State field.
Then you can choose their respective order.

2 Likes

Some updates here!
That’s not a bug, because that’s the way it was designed and there is no easy way to fix that :sweat_smile:
But we have this in plans for someday and your case has to be covered :slight_smile:

2 Likes