Automatically hide empty fields in entity display (to reduce visual clutter)

The primary need here is the visual clutter of how the single empty field currently looks (as shown in the main topic here) and if there are several field this quickly fills the whole browser window. This actually is scaring away people I showed Fibery. See below the actual fields that I use:

Here are different options to solve this:

1. Ddefault hiding of empty fields, and a button ‘Show all empty fields’.
  2. Hiding everything of the field except the title, and making the rest appear on mouse hover.
  3. Hiding everything of the field except the title, make stacking more compact, and make the title half-transparent.
  4. Group the empty fields together at the bottom (yes get them out of the predefined place in the list) in a minimalistic style. When filling an empty field there, it will show up among the populated fields in its predefined place in the list.

This topic relates to the UX improvement of all fields, also the filled ones; making everything more compact and minimalistic.

So as an example, I would be happy with the following display of empty fields (option 3)

Just look at the difference between the first image and the second :slight_smile: amazing!

2 Likes