[DONE] "Watcher" of an Entity

@anna is there something you need above and beyond what is discussed in the topic I linked to?
If not, are you happy that we merge them?

You can merge them, thanks!

Hi

I created a “Notify me of new Comments” Automation for everyone who is “watching” an entity. (i add users as watchers automatically when people leave a comment in a relation to “Users” field)

Now all users get notified of a new comment on an entity they are watching. great. BUT assignees get this notification twice (once with the fibery internal notification, once from my setup notification [including the comment text btw])

as i cannot filter out “if author is assignee” in the comments, I odnt see a way to block this …

as i dont want to setup notifications for all other databases - and still want to get notifications about stuff (setting of notifications is “on”) - how can i filter these double notifications out?

as I dont want to “assign” a task to everyone who comments on it … i dont really know how to solve this otherwise…

also the internal notification makes the new comment glow in yellow … while my own notification isnt …

AND it would be great if both are actually LINKING to the comment and scroll there automatically

1 Like

Hi!
We’re currently working on a new Watcher functionality as an active action, so hopefully that would solve the issue you have now :pray:

5 Likes

Implementation started this week. Thank you for the patience.

https://the.fibery.io/@public/Public_Roadmap/Roadmap_Item/Subscribe-Watch-Entity-and-get-notifications-222

5 Likes

Not sure if this if planned for, but would be useful to be able to filter by “Where watchers includes (me|user)”. Also be able to access/modify watchers in automations.

1 Like

Watch action for automations is in scope, Filter is not yet (but we do have such feature).

2 Likes

Progress update. Some early beta we started to use internally today.

4 Likes

Implemented in new release

If you miss something, add comments to release notes please.

2 Likes