🌎 [DONE] Google Maps Integration or Similar Map View

Agree with the commentary here an on my thread. But as you know I’m biased on this :wink:

I thought I add that even adding a map view within Vizzdrop would make a huge difference. As far as I’ve seen, map views are standard in data visualization platforms. Using text boxes to store lat/long would work (as long as the visualization type supports it) but obviously an actual lat/long field would make things even better.

2 Likes

Vizydrop seems like the right place to implement this, good point!

1 Like

Any thoughts or updates on this? @Polina_Zenevich

Gmaps integration would be a great feature.

After closing Google Fusion tables it’s a big problem to find a non-coding app which could geocode your database

It is always good when the team can reply to requests. However I would say this is relatively far outside the scope of needed features for most “product teams”, and since this is their core focus for the next 3+ months, I wouldn’t expect to see any geo features for some time. I continue to feel it would be best handled as a plugin, and they do have an API which could make it possible (I may be wrong, it may not be powerful/flexible enough, I’m not a coder).
https://api.fibery.io/#introduction

Hi!
@Oshyan was totally right - currently, we are focusing on Product Team development and our upcoming integrations will be Zendesk and one of the CRM ones (Hubspot may be, not a promise).

Anyway, that idea is noted and once it would rise in the Product Teams concept - will be glad to dive deeper into this feature :slight_smile:

I can see non-profit, travel, events teams, and many more using this feature.

This is totally not our focus and would be glad to know certain cases - there are some workarounds and would be nice to see, whether they can work :wink:

1 Like

I think one solution might be achievable if we are able to embed iframes into documents:

Through some magic on integromat, in might be possible to create carto maps from fibery data and then have them visible inside a fibery document. Not the nicest setup but I thought this is just another use for embedding content.

1 Like

Hello)
Here’s a useful add-on - Google Maps for Jira.

It allows:

• Add geolocation for every issue;
  • If the address doesn’t exist, use geocoordinates to add location markers (e. g. 40.68925, -74.04451).
  • Set and view geolocation for each issue on Issue View Tab;
  • Ability to view a location name, place (in the format you have used when entering), accurate geocoordinates whenever you need;
  • Use all Google Maps features for interaction (zoom/drag, change map type, and click markers to reveal more information).
1 Like

Hey everyone,

Using the native World integration as part of our product roadmap, we would like to be able to use the country information in order to generate visual-friendly automatic report.
Today, we are using tables to identify our geographic deployments, but being able to visualize the information on a map should be very helpful/mind-blowing.

Information to display for each country should be the different roadmap items (incl. some key caracteristics) and roadmap item status.
Could be great to keep the current filter capacities to generate specific views depending on audience.

Thanks for your feedback on this one, don’t hesitate if you some more details on this one.

Cheers.
/BC

I agree this would be a huge improvement to the platform that I would make lots of use of. However, as I understand it desired use cases of Fibery as a geospatial database/map viewer are few and far between. I have high hopes that the platform will eventually have a similar extension marketplace similar to Coda. Until such a time, the mad genius known as @cannibalflea devised somewhat of a workaround that is explained here: https://community.fibery.io/t/geospatial-fields/413/16

Map View will be released soon. Here is “in progress” state

5 Likes

Amazing! Assuming you will be able to click and open the entity from map view?

Sure, it will be possible

2 Likes

This will be gosh darn groundbreaking for me. Great job

Good news!

2 Likes

Amazing!!! Thank you guys :heart:

1 Like

Hey guys,
Following up on this one, the Location features is realty awesome, however, we’re a bit stuck with our initial need as we do not manage to generate a per-country map (the map generation only works with specific points/addresses).
Before opening a new thread, I just wanted to make sure we did not missed something.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Cheers.

Hi, not sure what do you mean. I tried with Country-only location field and it works fine.

I have done this too a few days ago, and it worked.

Do you use the Location type field?

Awesome, actually, I was forcing myself to enter a city/address and didn’t try to fill the country name only in the Location field… :man_facepalming:

Thanks a lot guys, keep your magic!

2 Likes