March 16, 2023 / 🗾 Map View

I have to say I was not initially a believer in the value of adding map view and field(s) to Fibery, but this is pretty cool. And as a real estate company it even has some use for us.

One problem noticed so far, and a couple questions/requests.

First a possible bug: in Google Chrome 110 on Windows 10, I’m not seeing the markers until I mouse over them. Then they show up. But of course I can’t see them to do this reliably. :smile: Not sure why this is happening, I would imagine you’d have tested on Chrome. I have an update to do (Chrome and Windows both), so I’ll test again after that…

Now, a couple questions/requests. Do you think you will enable public sharing of these? That would be pretty awesome and enable entire new use cases for me. In fact if it becomes possible there are several projects I would probably embark on that I until now have not been able to accomplish. That said I realize there may be API cost issues for geocoding, etc. but curious what you guys are thinking here.

Also would be very nice to be able to add entries from this view. At the least a “New” button, but even cooler to have right-click → create new and have it lookup that location under cursor, maybe optionally allowing you to adjust the returned address. A general location Search and then create new entity from result(s) would also be amazing, though definitely bonus not necessity. But just in general I’m curious your thoughts on creation of new entities from this view.

AI to the rescue? :grin:

2 Likes