Individual Layouts for a node, hide fields etc

I agree that this is something that would be useful and I assume not super complicated. I end up with a lot of calculated fields to use for filtering within views, which are more complicated than the filtering supports. These calculated fields aren’t really ever needed to be shown and end up being a bit overwhelming for new users. There have been a couple other threads with similar topics to reference and “heart” as well.

Some customizations of entity view, hiding unused fields

Individual Layouts for a node, hide fields etc

4 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. I would love to see this feature request implemented!

1 Like

Glad you brought this up @Stepan_Galkin! Since this is basically a duplication of the requests @rothnic quoted, could you please be sure to “heart” those as well? There’s no clear way to know if the Fibery team is counting your request alongside those, so it would be great to get your “heart” of support to leave no doubt!

…and I can’t help but mention yet again that we have here another example of fragmented requests in this community that an organized voting / request tracking approach would solve, right @Oshyan?

One particularly useful feature that is relatively new in Jira is the ability to pin fields. Jira is highly customizable, and they added this feature which really helps when you get a ton of fields, which can also happen in Fibery, in particular as long as we don’t have Polymorphic Relations.

Some fields are already pinned, such as “Created by” and “Created date”, but to the bottom of the Entity. In some cases actually I’d like those fields at the top!

Thanks.

2 Likes

Yes, please. File this with Customizable Entity Views

1 Like

Great point Matt, we need a whole group around this subject…I really wish the team would at least think seriously about grouping requests. I know they won’t do votes as has been discussed many a time, but at least grouping would help organize this board. There is only so much relying on simply searching around in Discourse will do…

I might draw the loose analogy of using Gmail with no folders, and having to rely on search only to find stuff…

1 Like

We have this in mind as Important fields. Overall, we are discussing major Entity View re-work, that includes new 2-panel navigation, blocks, primary/secondary info sections, etc.

4 Likes

Ok that sounds like some exciting improvements indeed Michael. Wishing you guys big success in implementing them soon, my team could really use them!

1 Like

One thing that I do like about jira and the new Azure DevOps is the ability to create a custom faceplate form for different types of field. This usually revolves around tabs but not always. It would really make a difference if fibery supported this type of customisation as well

2 Likes

@Paul_Cleghorn Do you mean create custom groups and DnD fields into these groups in Entity View popup?

yes. The ability to alter the entry form into multiple tabs and move fields around into groups and areas.

Yes, this is planned till public beta release.

1 Like

Bumping this for additional consideration since I see its on the “NEXT: Consider for near future (1-2 months)” in the current version of the roadmap.

Specifically, I would love to see something like Coda’s “Customize view” as shown in the Fibery vs. Coda. The Power of Workarounds post.

asset-5

6 Likes

yeah, i’m excited about this