Fibery workspaces integration

Hello guys,

probably, there is already a solution out there - but unfortunately I couldn’t find it here in the community posts.

I’d like to ask you if the data from multiple Fibery workspaces can be integrated?
F.e. I’d like to integrate another Fibery workspace and create a data relation to one of the spaces/entities in that workspace.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Hi,

What use case you want to solve with this?

Thanks for the fast response.

Case A:
Company for some reasons is using multiple workspaces (instances) - f.e. because different headquarters (worldwide) need their own workspaces.

Case B:
Subsidiaries of an enterprise use different workspaces.

Case C:
A partner organization or agency is working with Fibery in their own workspace.

There are many use cases.
And as far I understand, you support multiple workspaces.

Thanks

We don’t have this at the moment. It is relatively easy to implement if you need one-way sync, like from many Fibery instances into a single Fibery instance. In this case we can create a connector that will fetch Data from many workspaces and you will be able to setup relations to link them.

However, we are not jumping into implementation since the demand is low. We have few requests, but not so many.

As for duration, it will take 2-3 weeks to implement.

2 Likes

Thank you, Michael.

In my personal opinion - this is one of the features which are essential for the enterprise maturity of the tool (+ higher granularity in the permission control, + permissions/filter in Relations setting).

But you’ve already created an incredible tool.
As an Atlassian Expert and a Knowledge Manager I have to say: awesome!

Спасибо за невероятную работу.
Пахне чабор! :wink:

2 Likes

I think some of these use cases can be solved reasonably well with suitable permissions.

But I also think there is also a similar, but different need, which is the ability to carve out parts of a workspace to become a new workspaces.
So an agency could develop a set of linked spaces for a client within the agency’s sandbox, and when the client is happy, these can be shared as connected spaces for use in the client’s new workspace.
At the moment, it’s only possible to share a single template or the whole workspace, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
Join our partners program :wink:

1 Like

Hi guys, any news about frequency of requests on this? My request is on the edge between workspaces integration and permission management. I have 1:1 run by HR ppl and summary contains very confidential/intimate info which I keep isolated only for HR. My problem is that Admins can see any workspace and potentially read confidential data AND only Admins can edit automations. So I have number of people who want and can develop Fibery with automations but I can’t give them access, having me as bottleneck.

Please help! :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hi @cover
I think your use case will be solvable when per-entity permissions are rolled out.

Hi, yeah, I’m also tracking that topic and Michael wrote that “6 months are too optimistic”…so I guess I’d ask my developers to develop external app to expose Employee Database from one workspace to another :slight_smile: Seems to be fastest solution possible :slight_smile:

Our agency will build Fibery workspaces for different clients. At first we focus on solopreneurs and small teams.

We’re building the ‘perfect way’ to:

• Create an awesome planning (from year to quarter to month to week)
  • Decide while making that planning how many time you want to spend on ‘client tasks’ and ‘goal related tasks’
  • Track bigger client projects and strategic projects and the same time
  • And will also build a fucking awesome CRM

We have a lot of people that want/need that. So what’s the current situation

• The solopreneurs (50k - 500k) we want to onboard will have 1, 2, 3 or even a lot more virtual assitants / team members / freelancers.
  • The team members basically run the whole business; they will work on all tasks.
  • The solopreneurs are mostly busy with marketing, sales & working with/for clients.
  • So to onboard those solopreneurs I basically need to convince the team members as well (since they will use Fibery the most and will complain if it doesn’t work for them).

Currently most of them are working with Trello. Because Trello is (as far as I know) the only tool where you can combine multiple workspaces (with a little workaround).

So if a VA works for 3 different companies/clients in Trello, they can somehow combine all tasks that are assigned to them in their own board.

The virtual assistants/freelancers are not our customer, their ‘boss’ is. But the team members basically run the whole company.

And those team members (the good ones) also really like the idea of a good workspace tool with awesome planning possibilities and a way to work for several clients as well work on their own strategic goals (so they will not be a VA forever :slight_smile:)

I have coached many entrepreneurs in >17 different industries. A lot freelancers that work for multiple clients would really love a good solution. Not your ideal customer maybe for now; but their clients are/can be I think.

If we can find a way for those VA’s / freelancers (especially the really good ones) to manage all their work in 1 place the chances are quite likely that they can convince the company they work for that they should also move to Fibery.

So TLDR;

• Sometimes it can be wiseful to make a solution that also works well for freelancers who work for multiple clients.
  • We can then onboard the solopreneurs and their team
  • And all the freelancers can have their own account as well.

I really think everybody needs Fibery and we’re building an awesome workspace that can literally fit each company.

It doesn’t have a high prio, but I can think of a lot use cases when this would be very helpful (1 entrepreneur that ones multiple companies etc.). And it can be a great USP.

(@Marloes FYI)

1 Like