[DONE] Publish Fibery Space to the Web

Hi, in general this is all aligned with our plans.
I recommend to check this use case: open Fibery to the world.

The road to this is relatively short, but hard. Essentially, you need only entity-level permissions (with quite advanced configuration, since you don’t want to show all linked entities most likely, for example, do you want to show all tasks in a project to a client?). Then you can invite people into Fibery as read-only (free) with an option to add comments.

I am not sure that you want allow users to register, but this is also in our future plans for other cases (like product community/feedback/etc).

We are moving into this direction slowly.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, the use case seems to exactly cover what I’d need to set this up. I realize that both entity level permissions and external users are hard features to add, I’m just excited that it might ever be possible!

1 Like

Would it be possible to open up for access to read “workflow” field on shared entities or so?
I’d like to share document with entities in it and have the workflow state show.

1 Like

It would be wonderful to have this kind this “Public visibility” control over all fields and DBs.

I suppose that is not something that entity-based permissions would allow, since this is a field-level control. :slightly_frowning_face:

There are no plans for field-level permissions, but it is already possible to hide fields in all types of views now (including entity view).
I suppose you could create a variety of views, each with differently hidden fields, and share them with different stakeholder groups.

2 Likes