[DONE] Entity embed field type suggestions (with examples)

Hey guys, I made some examples of how embedding could work.

TLDR; Please add embed entity type :slight_smile:

• There is three examples, each with different use cases.
  • Embed would be a custom type on entities (embed url)
  • Ability to embed anything through iframes would be a game changer although I’m not sure what security risks that brings, so a select amount of embeds would be acceptable

Properties Panel

• Embed figma design
  • The title for the embed would be fetched from the embed url response (tab title)

Document

• Embed codepen
  • The syntax to create the embed could be based on the existing inline entities #entity.field
  • In this case the syntax would be: #[Center inline element horizontally].Demo

Board

• YouTube embed
  • cats

Examples:

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

@JeremyJaydan
Hi, thank you for an interesting suggestion!

We are going to add Figma embed into rich text area. On my opinion it will be not very convenient to have it in the right area.

What do you mean by Board embed? Is it Whiteboard?

1 Like

Hey @mdubakov,

I was unable to upload more than 2 images so I posted an imgur link which shows the 3 examples including the board example. Hope that makes more sense :slight_smile:

Regarding embedding in the rich text area, I’d love to see the ability to link to an entity field which is of type Embed which then loads the embed within the rich text area. What are your thoughts on that?

Very glad to hear about the Figma integration, anxious for details when you guys get to it!

I think it would be great to see the Figma embedded in the Rich Text, and @mdubakov down the road it would be great to see this in Board View in cards. I just posted a separate request to keep this thread more focused:

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Hi @mdubakov, are there any updates on this? It would be very cool to be able to transclude diagrams, prototypes etc. from Figma. :slight_smile: This concrete use case is even mentioned in https://fibery.io/blog/augmenting-organizational-intelligence/ > Transclusions section.

This is in near future plans in scope of rich text improvements. I can’t give any estimates. but we want to add this till summer.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the quick and informative reply!

Implemented in latest release