[DONE] Many-to-many relationships should be usable for levels in lists

@ihartrafimovich, I went back to an app I was building that ran into issues with this view. The improvements help somewhat, but I ran into an issue trying to visualize something I thought would be supported.

I have a hierarchy of “Seats”, which represents our roles in our organization. This is a methodology leveraged by EOS, which has you define the roles as Seats you have to fill with someone. So, the idea is you could have a single individual filling multiple seats for some time before you hire on more people to divide the Seats up. For example, maybe an employee “Susan” is both our Product Designer under the Product Lead and is the Graphic Designer under Marketing Lead.

In this image, you can see Susan assigned as the Employee in the Visionary seat (role). However, you can’t select the Employee from the Levels configuration.

I can show the one-to-many relationships from Seat, but not the many-to-one relationship to Employees. I assume that the many-to-many work should enable this visualization as well, right? Or, is that what you are referring to below:

2 Likes