April 6, 2023 / Relation filters, breadcrumbs in search, back-references in Documents

Hi guys, not sure about this one. On initial read, all this is telling me is the Database/type of the entity, but I already have that info with the Database Icon.

@antoniokov when you say this:

Again I’m not sure how that’s relevant, unless I’m missing something. Databases can only live in one Space. So take your example #4060 feature “Embed Content View into Rich Text” - that has the “F” database Icon, so I already know exactly what kind of Entity it is. I don’t need that extra info.

As regards Views having their location, I also think this isn’t useful since you can create a view of anything, anywhere, (which is a great feature), so I’m never looking at where my view exists.

Finally, a big problem here is with the breadcrumbs I can now see fewer results in search. As it stood, I was happy with fact that each entity was just a line item so you could see a full list, for example when clicking “search” with no parameters so you can see a list of where you most recently visited in Fibery - that’s a great feature. But now that list is going to be cut down by quite a few so we can see the breadcrumbs.

I, and many others here active, would really like to see Seeing “Closed” Entities grayed out in Search Dialog as something of real use soon. I find this one of the few times you guys have actually come out with an enhancement that has made something worse - I’d much rather have the old way search was without the breadcrumbs.

Thanks for listening!